View Full Headers in Outlook for Windows
If you are having problems with your email, one common diagnostic aid is a complete list of the message's headers. Headers show the path a message took to get from the sender to the recipient. The IT Service Desk or other technical support may ask you to provide a message's headers.
This article applies to: Outlook for Windows
- Open the message.
- Click the File tab on the message window (not the main Outlook window).
- Click Info in the left column (it may already be selected).
- Click Properties.
The Internet headers section of the Properties dialog box shows all headers.
If you need to copy the headers (to paste somewhere else),
- Click anywhere in the Internet headers section of the dialog box.
- On your keyboard, press ctrl-a; this selects all the text.
- Press ctrl-c; this copies the text to the clipboard.
- Then, with an email message or other document open, press ctrl-v to paste the header text into that document.