View Full Headers in Outlook on the Web
If you are having problems with your email, one common diagnostic aid is a complete list of the message's headers. Headers show the path a message took to get from the sender to the recipient. The IT Service Desk or other technical support may ask you to provide a message's headers.
This article applies to: Outlook on the Web
Microsoft frequently updates the design of Outlook on the Web, so your version may not match exactly the description given here.
While in Outlook on the Web,
- Near the top of the message, next to the reply and like icons, click the three dot icon, then select Message Header Analyzer. The Message Header Analyzer pane will open.
- At the bottom of the Message Header Analyzer pane, click the plus sign icon next to Original Headers.
The full headers are displayed in the Original Headers box.
If you need to copy the headers (to paste somewhere else),
- Click at the beginning of the contents of the Original Headers box, then scroll to the end of the box and shift-click just after the last character. The entire contents of the Original Headers box should now be selected (highlighted).
- Press ctrl-c (Mac: command-c); this copies the text to the clipboard.
- Then, with an email message or other document open, press ctrl-v (Mac: command-v) to paste the header text into that document.