View Full Headers in Outlook on the Web
If you are having problems with your email, one common diagnostic aid is a complete list of the message's headers. Headers show the path a message took to get from the sender to the recipient. The IT Service Desk or other technical support may ask you to provide a message's headers.
This article applies to: Outlook on the Web
While in Outlook on the web,
- Near the top of the message, next to the reply and like icons, click the three dot icon, then select Message Header Analyzer. The Message Header Analyzer pane will open.
- At the bottom of the Message Header Analyzer pane, click the plus sign icon next to Original Headers.
- The full headers are displayed in the Original Headers box.
If you need to copy the headers (to paste somewhere else),
- Click at the beginning of the contents of the Original Headers box, then scroll to the end of the box and shift-click just after the last character. The entire contents of the Original Headers box should now be selected (highlighted).
- Press ctrl-c (Mac: command-c); this copies the text to the clipboard.
- Then, with an email message or other document open, press ctrl-v (Mac: command-v) to paste the header text into that document.