Enable/Disable My Extension Everywhere
This article applies to: My Extension Everywhere
Use Any Phone to Enable/Disable My Extension Everywhere
You can turn on (enable) or turn off (disable) My Extension Everywhere from any phone, anywhere. You'll need to know your My Extension Everywhere security code. If you've forgotten it, you can ask the IT Service Desk to reset your security code.
- Call (607) 253-2500.
- Wait to hear the dial tone.
Dial the access code for the action you want:
- 166 to turn the service "on"
- 167 to turn the service "off"
- Wait for the dial tone to return.
- Dial your 5-digit extension followed by the # sign (you will not hear the dial tone after this step).
- Dial your security code followed by the # sign (you will hear confirmation tone: 3 short stutters).
- Hang up.
Use Your Alternate Phone to Enable/Disable My Extension Everywhere
Simply by calling a phone number, you can turn on (enable) or turn off (disable) My Extension Everywhere.
This method only works if
- your extension uses one of the following digital set types: 2400s, 4600s, or 6400s (not compatible with analog lines)
- you call from the alternate phone you set up to receive your My Extension Everywhere calls.
Turn on (enable): dial (607) 254-9971. You will hear the confirmation tone: 3 short stutters.
Turn off (disable): dial (607) 254-9972. You will hear the confirmation tone: 3 short stutters.