The Managed Firewall service protects the campus networks with a system of distributed firewalls. These firewalls result in an efficient, economical, and flexible system that allows units at Cornell to control their necessary level of protection.
- Contemporary threat protection, including in-line malware prevention, denial of service attack and scan mitigation, anti-phishing, and other intrusion prevention features
- No-fee. Available to any department on an opt-in basis.
- Centrally managed by the IT Security Office and CIT.
- Distributed administration and support through campus units/departments.
Blocked Content Message
You may see a message that content was blocked by the managed firewall. This means a risk was detected with the content you were trying to reach.
- If you think the page you were trying to reach should be trusted, contact the IT Service Desk.
- Copy the information in the message to assist with troubleshooting your issue.