GuestID Terms and Conditions
Guests of the university who are issued GuestIDs are required to agree to an acceptable-use policy. Cornell employees who administer GuestIDs are required to do so in accordance with university policy.
This article applies to: GuestIDs
An acceptable use policy will be displayed to a guest under these two situations:
- A guest is registering for a GuestID using the single GuestID self-registration method. The guest must acknowledge reading and agreeing to the acceptable use policy prior to submitting the registration form.
- A guest has been issued a GuestID that has been registered and activated by either the single GuestID registration by NetID method or the multiple GuestID registrations by NetID method, and the GuestID is being used for the first time.
- 5.0 Abuse of Computers and Network Systems
- 5.1 Responsible Use of Electronic Communications
- 5.4.2 Reporting Electronic Security Incidents
- 5.5 Stewardship and Custodianship of Electronic Mail
- 5.8 Authentication of IT Resources
- 5.9 Privacy of Information Technology Data
Decisions regarding guest access to applications and resources should be documented using the Constituents Entitlements Template . Units are required to maintain this information.
Units are also responsible for adjusting access to local resources as the guest's status changes.