Box Feature: Request Files
This article applies to: Box
You can easily create a location where anyone can send you files; they don't even need to have a Box account. You can give people a link or put a widget on most websites, blogs, or social networking services that support embedded HTML iframe code.
Files can be as large as 15 GB.
Files are automatically uploaded to the Box folder you have specified.
- Create a folder to become your repository for your request (you may, of course, use an existing folder).
Right-click (Mac: ctrl-click) the folder, then select File Request. A File Request dialog box will open.
Under Customize Options, select the options you want to enable. Click Preview to open another browser tab with a preview of the File Request widget.
- When finished, close the File Request dialog box. Or, to turn off the File Request feature for this folder, click Deactivate then close the File Request dialog box.
You can either get a link to distribute or get code to embed on a website, blog, or social networking service.
Link: Next to Share this link, click Copy. Paste this link into email messages or however you want to distribute it.
Widget: Next to Embed this code, click Copy. Paste the code into the site.
- Drag and drop does not work with Internet Explorer.
- File size is limited to 15 GB.
- You cannot modify the widget code.
By default, you will not know who uploaded a file. If you want this information, either
- use Require users to provide email or
- use Allow users to add description to create a description field and use Add instructions to put text on screen requesting that they identify themselves.