Join a Zoom Meeting from a Zoom Room
This article applies to: Zoom
For those teaching in person with an online component, it is important to connect the Zoom Room-equipped teaching space to the scheduled online Zoom meeting.
Instructors can either:
- Invite the Zoom Room to join the meeting as a participant;
- Enter a Meeting ID to join the already-begun meeting with the Zoom Room; or
- Use schedule of meetings on the Zoom Room touch interface's to join a listed meeting.
Tutorial Video: "Using Zoom Rooms: Starting the Zoom Room"
Invite the Zoom Room As a Meeting Participant
To join a course meeting by having the instructor add the Zoom Room as a participant:
- The instructor who is the meeting host should first login and start the meeting using the Zoom application on their laptop or other device.
- Then, also using the Zoom application on their laptop (not the Zoom Room touch interface), in the host control bar, click Participants.
- In the Participants panel, click Invite.
- In the Invite people to join meeting... window, click the Zoom Rooms tab.
- Scroll through the list of Zoom Rooms or search until you find the one that corresponds with your teaching space.
- Click Invite.
- The Zoom meeting will "ring" the Zoom Room touch interface. The instructor can use the touch interface's stylus to accept or decline the invitation.
Join a Scheduled Meeting Using the Meeting ID
To join a meeting using its Zoom Meeting ID:
- First, start the meeting using the Zoom client on your laptop or other device.
Then, using the Zoom Room touch interface, tap Join.
Enter the Meeting ID using the numeric keypad.
- Tap Join Meeting.
- Finally, enter the meeting passcode, then tap Confirm to join.
Join a Scheduled Zoom Meeting When the Room Has Been Booked
The Zoom Room is a calendar resource, which means that it can be booked for the course Zoom meeting as a participant.
When you do this, the booked session you have scheduled which include the Zoom Room as a participant will show on Zoom Room touch interface.
- The instructor should first start the meeting with their Zoom client on a laptop or other device, to ensure they are the host.
- Then, using the Zoom Room touch interface, find the listing for the current course meeting.
Be sure to start the meeting from your personal laptop before joining it with the Zoom Room touch interface.
Currently, if the instructor starts the Zoom meeting using the Zoom Room touch interface schedule instead of their laptop, the Zoom Room becomes the meeting host. This makes the instructor a co-host and they lost the ability to start and manage breakout rooms or start the digital whiteboard.