Renew or Request an SSL Certificate
How to request a new SSL Certificate or renew an existing one.
This article applies to: SSL Server Certificate
How do I renew an SSL certificate?
When your certificate's expiration date approaches, you will be notified by email that you need to renew.
- Complete the Cornell University SSL Certificate Service Request Form as if you were ordering a new certificate.
- You can renew the cert any time you want, but the time left on the old certificate will NOT be added to the new certificate.
How do I request an SSL certificate?
- Generate a Certificate Signing Request (CSR). See instructions from Sectigo.
- Complete the Cornell University SSL Certificate Service request form.
- Wait for your request to be approved. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your order and telling you that it is pending approval.
- We will approve your request within one business day. After the request is approved, it may take several hours to 2 days before the certificate is issued to you by Comodo.
If you do not receive the certificate two business days following your request, contact the IT Service Desk.
- You'll receive an email containing the certificate download link. Download it, and install it on your server. See installation instructions from Sectigo.
- Use the SSL Checker tool to verify your installation.
If you determine that the certificate issued to you cannot be used for any reason, notify the IT Service Desk.
Cornell IT Service Desk
Normal Business Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm (Eastern Time)
Emergency Service Disruptions: After Hours Support