Review Your Snapshot Schedule
How to check your snapshot schedule in Shared File Services (SFS).
This article applies to: Shared File Services
Via Windows File Explorer browse into the desired share. (
- Right-click, select Properties.
- Under Properties, select the Previous Versions tab.
- Browse through the displayed Folder Versions, there should be many versions under Today, Yesterday, and possibly Last Week and Earlier This Month (or Year).
- There should be versions created every 4 hours, covering the last 24 hours. (Midnight, 4am, 8am, noon, 4pm, 8pm), “Hourly Snapshots”)
- There should be a version created last evening, part of the Disaster Recovery Backup process.
- There should be versions created daily, shortly after midnight. ("Daily Snapshots")
- There may be versions created Sunday evenings. ("Weekly Snapshots")
Follow the directions under Restoring a File: Unix/Mac OS. Upon entering “ls –lu” You'll see the list of date/time stamped snapshots which exist for your share.
For more information about "Hourly", "Daily", and "Weekly" snapshots and quantities, see Snapshots.