Monthly Billing for Shared File Services
Information about file share capacity and monthly billing rates.
This article applies to: Shared File Services
|Multiples of 500 GB||Add $20 per 500 GB||Add $40 per 500 GB|
- An offsite Disaster Recovery copy of data stored on SFS is included in these rates.
- A $100.00 “configuration fee” (fee currently waived) may be assessed on configuration, or alteration, of your share(s).
- If a snapshot option is selected, share capacity is utilized for snapshots (reducing usable storage, typically by ~20%).
- Snapshots are the only way an end user can restore a file from a “backup."
- If replication is selected your data will be asynchronously replicated on a 4-hour schedule to 2 different buildings on the Ithaca campus. Replication requires snapshots, which means usable storage is reduced, typically by ~20%.
For storing confidential data, including HIPAA data, in addition to the fees above a second share is necessary for the CIFS Audit Log (required by Cornell Policy 5.10). This second share is:
- Grown automatically in 150-GB units as required.
- Billed at $15.00 per 150 GB 2.5x the listed rates.
- Billed to the same Kuali account as your data share.