Acceptable File Formats for PCard Receipt Processing
This article applies to: PCard Receipt Processing
Download our cardholder training guide (PDF file with embedded video)
All receipts submitted must be in one of the following formats:
- PDF (a commonly used file format - “Portable Document Format”)
- DOCX (Microsoft Word document)
- DOC (an older version of Microsoft Word document)
- TXT (text document)
- JPG (an image format)
- PNG (an image format)
- TIF (an image format)
If you have a paper receipt, you need to scan it, using one of the formats listed here, or take a photo of it. Most phones take JPG photos, which is fine.
If your receipt is an email message, you can:
- print it and take a photo of it.
- print it and scan it.
- talk to your local technical support to add “print to PDF” to your computer's list of printers. This allows you to use the same method you use to print, but directs your computer to produce a PDF file instead of a paper copy. You can then attach the PDF to your reply.