Jira is a software project management service offered mainly to CIT and a subset of Cornell staff. Jira provides bug tracking, issue tracking, and project management functions.
Request a project
To request a project, send an email to email@example.com and include the following:
- Subject: Request for JIRA project.
- A project name (free formatted text).
- A project key, which is an abbreviation or acronym for the project. This must consist of all uppercase letters and can be up to ten letters long. It cannot contain any numbers. This cannot be changed once the project is created.
- Category (please include the organizational name and purpose of project).
- Project Type (Simple Issue Tracking, Project Management, Agile Kanban, Software Development, Agile SCRUM, Jira Classic).
- Project Lead name and NetID (usually the primary support person for the project/application). This must be a faculty or staff member.
Unless specified differently in your request email, the workflow for the JIRA project will be the default. The Jira Support Team will review the request and follow up if necessary. We may also suggest a modified permission scheme or set up for new projects. We will work with the Project Administrator / Lead and IT Service Desk as part of the project creation.
To access a project in Jira
Once the user has a Jira account, only the Project Lead or Admin can grant permissions for that account to access the project. Please contact your Jira Project Administrator for access.
Not applicable or information not available.