Configure EGA Email for a Jira Project
This article applies to: JIRA
Jira is configured globally to allow projects to send automated email notifications when issues are created or updated. These notification emails will come from firstname.lastname@example.org and are sent using Cornell's Office 365 serivce. (No setup is needed within your project to enable this.)
To enable incoming email, or to send email from a different email address, create an Exchange Group Account (EGA) for that purpose.
- Follow the instructions at Request a New Resource Account to create a new resource account.
- In the section for EGA members, add 'ga.jira' then press Enter.
- When the screen refreshes and shows that the account has been added, check the SendAs privilege and wait for the refresh. Both SendAs and Access will be selected — this what you want.
Send email to email@example.com to request the email setup for your project. Specify the name of your EGA and either or both of the following:
- That you want incoming mail to the EGA to create issues in your project, and the type of issue (Issue, Task, etc.).
- That you want outgoing email to come from that EGA address.