Equidox PDF remediation software can save you time. Equidox lets you easily convert non-accessible PDFs into accessible PDFs or HTML. This remediation software is available for faculty, staff, and student workers who are assisting with accessibility projects.
Equidox vs. Adobe Acrobat
- Use Adobe Acrobat for 1-2 page PDFs. For instructions, see the PDF remediation checklist.
- Use Equidox for larger (3+ page) documents, complex documents, or PDF forms.
Equidox is an intermediate level tool. It takes some knowledge about PDF accessibility in general and specific training in the tool to use it effectively.
Scanned PDFs (often used for readings in classes) create accessibility challenges. Please avoid using scanned documents when possible. If you need to use a scanned document for a class, you must make it accessible. The best option is to use Optical Character Recognition (OCR). Equidox has OCR capability and may work for your document. If you need to remediate a poorly scanned document, Sensus Access (available for free through Student Disability Services) may be a better OCR tool.
Equidox Helps You
- Upload PDF documents and use the Equidox smart detection tools to convert text, images, URLs, lists, and tables.
- Make manual adjustments to tables, add image descriptions and enhance metadata.
- Preview and adjust your document until you are satisfied. Then reassign it for review and approval.
- Save your document to a local or shared file system, or export it to external content management systems.
Auto-Detection Saves You Time
- Automatically tags reading zones such as text, images, and URLs.
- Orders the content automatically in the correct reading sequence, including multi-column formats.
- Configures lists, even nested lists, for screen readers in a few clicks.
- Makes tagging tables fast and accurate.
- Creates text tags using OCR technology, recognizing characters from scanned or imaged PDFs.
For more information about how to use Equidox see the vendor's user guide or this training video.
Not applicable or information not available.
Form to Get Help (if you have a NetID)
Form to Get Help (if you don't have a NetID)
Support Hours: Monday-Friday, 8am-6pm (Eastern Time)
Emergency Service Disruptions: After Hours Support