Secure Printing (Ricoh)
This article applies to: DFA-CIT Service Group IT Support
Secure printing ensures that your confidential document can only be printed while you are standing at the printer.
These directions assume you are printing from Microsoft Word, but once you get to Printer Properties, the procedure will be exactly the same.
- In Word, from the File menu, select Print.
- Select the Ricoh printer.
Click Printer Properties.
- From the Job Type drop-down, select Document Server.
Click Details. A Job Type Details dialog box will open.
- Make sure the drop-down for User ID has Create Own ID selected.
- Under Enter User ID, enter an identifier. We suggest using your NetID.
- (optional but recommended) Enter a File Name (to help you identify the print job when you're standing at the printer; something like Phil's Benefits).
- Enter a password of 4 to 8 numbers. Numbers only.
- (optional but recommended) Enter a User Name (to help you identify the print job when you're standing at the printer). Your first name or your NetID work well.
- Click OK to close the Job Type Details dialog box.
(optional but recommended) To save these settings to make it easier to use Secure Printing in the future, click Register Current Settings, enter a One Click Preset Name (we suggest Secure Printing), then click OK.
The next time you need to print securely, in the One Click Preset List on the Printer Properties dialog box, click Secure Printing (or whatever you called it) and all your settings from steps 4-11 above will be applied.
- Click OK to close the Printer Properties dialog box.
- Adjust any print settings like number of copies or which pages to print, if needed.
- Click Print.
Go to the printer to print the document.
On the printer's home screen, tap Document Server.
Tap Shared Folder. You'll see a list of print jobs.
Tap your job (this is where a File Name and User Name help). A Password dialog box will open.
- Use the number keys to enter your password, then tap OK on the screen.
- Push the Start button to print your document.
When your document has printed successfully, remove your file from the printer by tapping Delete File, then tapping Yes.