LabVIEW, by National Instruments, is a comprehensive development environment that provides engineers and scientists with wide-ranging integration and compatibility with scientific hardware.
This article applies to: Software Licensing
National Instruments LabVIEW Academic Site License includes:
- Control, Simulation, and Mechatronics Software
- Embedded Systems Software
- RF and Wireless Communications Software
- Signal and Image Processing Software
Plus the Extended Development Suite:
- Full Dev System
- Real-Time Module
- Spectral Measurements Toolkit with Run-time Engine
- SQL Toolkit
- SPC Toolkit
- Signal Processing Toolkit
- PID Control Toolkit
- Studio Enterprise Edition
- Studio Automation Symbols Toolkit
- Analyzer Toolkit
- Express VI Dev Toolkit
- Database Connectivity Toolset
- Report Generation Toolkit
LabVIEW is currently licensed for institutional use only. The software may be purchased by Cornell University staff and faculty via interdepartmental charge, and can be installed onto institution-owned machines.
Purchase a License
Our LabVIEW license runs from July 14 through July 13 of the following calendar year. All LabVIEW licenses expire on the same date, regardless of the date of initial purchase. We are not able to offer prorated pricing.
To order, visit licensing.store.cornell.edu for more information.
LabVIEW downloads are available directly from National Instruments. You will need to register an account on the vendor's website and use your LabVIEW Serial Number to complete registration.
- Go to: https://www.ni.com
- New Users: At the top of that page, click , and follow the on-screen instructions to register your Cornell email address. (The email address you register must end with "cornell.edu".) Existing Users: Log in with your existing National Instruments credentials.
- After your account on the vendor's site has been created and activated, go back to the vendor's website. Click the link at the top of the page.
- On that page, under the My Products & Services section, find the link. You will need to provide your LabVIEW Serial Number to proceed.
- From that page, you should be able to find and download any licensed LabVIEW 32-bit or 64-bit component that you need.
CU Software has some earlier releases of LabVIEW software available for download. Please contact email@example.com if you have a need for an earlier release.
Please see the vendor's LabVIEW System Requirements page.