Use Web Disk (WebDAV) with Media3
How to use WebDAV, also known as Web Disk, with Media3
This article applies to: Media3 Managed Web Hosting
Use the Web Disk interface to manage your Web Disk accounts. The Web Disk utility allows you to manage and manipulate files on your server in multiple types of interfaces (for example, your computer, mobile device, or certain types of software). You can choose a more familiar interface that makes file management tasks easier to complete.
Main Web Disk Account
By default, the system creates a Web Disk account for your cPanel account, and sets your home directory as the Web Disk location. This account uses the same login information as your cPanel account and can access all of the files in your home directory.
To access these files, select Access Web Disk.
Create an Additional Web Disk Account
You can create additional Web Disk accounts to access the home directory or any subdirectory under the home directory.
To create an additional Web Disk account:
Enter the desired account information in the available text boxes.
- If your account includes multiple domains, you can select a domain or subdomain from the Domain menu.
- Enter and confirm the new password in the appropriate text boxes.
• A green password Strength meter indicates that the password is equal to or greater than the required password strength.
• Click Password Generator to generate a strong password
• Important: The password must contain at least five characters.
Select a Permissions setting:
- Read-Write — This setting grants this account access to all of the operations inside the directory.
- Read-Only — This setting only grants this account access to read, download, and list the files inside the directory.
- Select Create.
Manage Additional Web Disk Accounts
Description: The Web Disk account username.
Description: The Web Disk account's assigned directory and related actions.
- Click the directory name to open the assigned directory in the File Manager interface (Home >> Files >> File Manager).
- Click the edit icon to change the account's assigned directory.
- Click the lock icon to use the Directory Privacy interface (Home >> Files >> Directory Privacy) to password protect the directory, create a user to access the directory, or remove a user from the directory.
Directions: Use the links in this section to perform the following actions:
- Click Access Web Disk to download a configuration script or view instructions to connect to the Web Disk account.
- Click Change Password to change the Web Disk account password.
- Click Delete and follow the prompts to delete the Web Disk account.
Click a permissions setting to change the account's permissions:
- Set Read-Write — This setting grants this account access to all of the operations inside the directory.
- Set Read-Only — This setting only grants this account access to read, download, and list the files inside the directory.
Connect to Web Disk (WebDAV)
Read this article for instructions to connect your Media3 hosted site to Web Disk (WebDAV).
View Web Disk (WebDAV) Tutorial
To view Media3's WebDAV video Tutorial:
- Log on to Media3.
- Under Quick Links, select FAQs.
webdavin the search box.
- Select cPanel Tutorials : Webdav Web Disk.
- Click Play.