Remove Yourself From a Shared File or Folder in Google Drive
This article applies to: File Storage at Cornell
- Sign into your Cornell Google Workspace.
- Click Google Apps (the nine-dot icon in the toolbar), then select Drive.
- Click Shared with me in the left navigation column.
- Click More actions (the three-dot icon) to the right of the item, select , and click . (If you click from this menu instead, the file will only be removed from your view. You will still have access to it.)
- Under People with access, click the permission level dropdown next to your name (It may display Editor, Viewer, or Commenter), then select Remove access.
- Click Save.
- Click Yes if prompted to confirm your removal.
- Click .
Remove Yourself From Multiple Files or Folders
- Select one file, then ctrl-click (Mac: cmd-click) additional files.
- Click More actions (the three-dot icon) in the ribbon beneath Shared with me, select , then click .
- Continue with steps 5 through 8 above.