Microsoft Viva Engage (formerly Yammer) allows everyone at Cornell to communicate and connect through communities and conversations. Join discussions, @mention other Cornellians, and talk across the university.
Use Microsoft Teams? This link starts the process to install the Viva Engage app in Teams.
If you're not using Teams, you can sign in through the web.
For an overview of features and options, Microsoft provides Get started with Microsoft Viva Engage. (Not all features described are available at Cornell.)
There is also a Yammer quick-start guide whose information whose information still applies to Viva Engage.
Recent updates to the service include:
- Your Storyline, composed of personal posts associated with you, rather than a particular community
- Cover photos, which provide a bigger image canvas for your community
- Interface improvements (not all features at the linked article are available at Cornell)
Teams and Viva Engage
Microsoft Teams and Viva Engage are complementary and address different needs.
- Teams helps defined groups work together toward shared goals and projects.
- Viva Engage is an environment for community building, leadership engagement, knowledge sharing, and self-expression.
Viva Engage is integrated into Teams as an app, putting task-based and community conversation in one place.
Install Viva Engage in Teams.
Not applicable or information not available.