Perceptive Content Problems Installing Printer
Some people have reported problems getting the Perceptive Content (formerly ImageNow) printer to install properly. The following procedure is intended for technical support staff.
This article applies to: Enterprise Content Management
How to Solve this Problem
- Login as a user with local administrative rights to the workstation.
- Browse to the
- Right-click the PNSetup.exe executable and click Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Click Change settings for all users. If prompted, accept the UAC prompt.
- Check Run this program in compatibility mode for and ensure Windows XP (Service Pack 3) is selected in the dropdown list
- Check Run this program as an administrator.
- Click OK until the properties dialog boxes are closed.
- Right-click PNSetup.exe, then select Run as Administrator. If prompted, accept the UAC prompt.
- The installer will run and you will see a file copy dialog box appear briefly.
- You will be prompted for the location of UNIDRV.dll. Point the installer to the file in the following location, then click OK:
The installer completes without any confirmation. Verify the Perceptive Content printer is visible in Devices and Printers. Test the printer to ensure it is working properly.