Reset Your Academic Web Hosting (SFAM) Password
Academic Web Hosting uses Cornell's Server Farm Account Management (SFAM).
Set or Update your SFAM Password
- IF you are connected to the internet from Outside the Campus Network, connect to the Cornell network using the CU VPN service.
- Log on to the CIT Server Farm Configuration System with your regular Cornell NetID and password.
- Select the SFAM tab.
- Select Edit your SFAM record.
- Enter a new password according to the instructions on the screen.
- Select Submit Update.
- Your username for uploading files to your server(s) is the same as your NetID. However, your SFAM password should be different from your NetID password.
- Your new password will take effect in about 30 minutes.
Once your new password is ready, you can begin transferring files to your account with SFTP.