Map a Network Drive Using Your Doc Account for Administrative Purposes
Simplify access to a confidential data share or audit log share by mapping a network drive using your doc account.
This article applies to: Shared File Services
Audit Log Share:
Map a Network Drive to the two shares (using your doc account’s credentials) to simplify access.
- Log in with your personal NetID account on a computer which is on the dedicated network used when the Level-1/Confidential share was ordered.
- For both your Requested Share and the Audit Log Share you can Map a Network Drive using your doc account.
Start Windows Explorer.
- Right-click or Cmd-click on Computer Name.
- Select Map Network Drive.
- Paste the appropriate DFS path in under Folder.
- Select the checkbox for Connect Using Different Credentials.
- Select Finish.
- Enter your doc account username and password.
- Select OK.