This article applies to: Shared File Services
The Administrative and Alternate Contacts are people who are responsible for the daily administration of shares for your organization. Responsibilities include:
- Work with CIT to configure and administer shares.
- Work with end users regarding ACLs and usage of the shares.
- Manage the capacity/usage of the share, receiving email alerts from Shared File Services at warning and critical levels.
- If the share contains confidential data, act as the “Custodian” for the data as defined in Cornell Policy 5.10.
- If the share contains HIPAA data, act as the “Custodian” for the data as defined in Cornell Policy 5.10 and ensure compliance with the HIPAA Administrative Simplification Regulation Text.
The current Administrative Contact can request changes.