eCornell Copyright Education
This article applies to: Security & Policy
You will not have access to the following eCornell instructions during the enrollment process, so they are provided here as a reference.
Enroll in the Course
(1) Click the title of the course, Cornell Digital Copyright Education Program, below.
(2) Click Checkout when you are ready to proceed, and then, Continue Checkout.
When you are prompted to log in, choose New User to create your eCornell account.
Enter your Cornell email address, then click Continue Checkout. This email address will be the username you will later use to log in to your course.
(3) Click Continue Checkout.
(4) Complete your profile. IMPORTANT! In completing your profile, please provide accurate information so that Cornell's IT Service Desk can properly resolve your case: Provide your NetID in question 1, and your Case Number in question 2.
- Under Employer Information, you will be asked for your employer and job title. For employer, please enter "self." For your job title, enter "Cornell student."
Under Associated Groups, be sure to provide the group code:
G000129, then click Add Group.
(5) On the next screen, enter your credit card information to complete the checkout process.
(6) Check the screen and your email for your transaction receipt.
Take the Course
(1) Go to portal.ecornell.com.
Log in as an Existing User using the email address and password you provided during the registration process.
From your student portal page, click the Take Me To My Courses link on the left side of the page.
(2) This is your course dashboard. Under the Courses menu, choose OIT551: Cornell Digital Copyright Education Program and begin your course.
Email Confirmation that You've Satisfied Requirements
Once the course is completed, email a copy of your Confirmation of Completion letter to email@example.com. Instructions for downloading this letter are located at the end of the course.