Grant or Revoke Access to a Previously Uploaded File
This article applies to: Cornell Secure File Transfer
The sender of a file may optionally grant or revoke access to a file after the file has been uploaded to Cornell Secure File Transfer.
Granting Access to a File
- From the Secure File Transfer main page, click the name of the file you to which would like to grant access.
- Click Grant.
- In the Grant File Access window, type the email address of the recipient(s) in the To: field.
Check the Notify New Recipients by Email box if you would like to send a notification email to the recipient(s).
Check the CC: box if you would like to receive a copy of the notification.
You can add text to the end of the notification Subject line. Type text you want to add into the Append to Subject field.
- Click Grant to give access to the file.
Revoking Access to a File
- From the Secure File Transfer main page, click the name of the file you to which would like to revoke access.
- Click Revoke.
- In the Revoke File Access window, in the Select column, click the checkbox beside the email address whose access you wish to revoke.
- Click OK when asked by the prompt to confirm you wish to revoke access.