Cornell University expects all stewards and custodians of information technology (IT) systems and services to develop, manage, and use those systems and services in a manner consistent with the university's requirements for data security, data confidentiality, and business continuity. In support of this charge, Cornell has developed an IT Governance Framework based on formal policy and delegated responsibilities.
The purposes are to:
- enable effective stewardship of Cornell IT resources and reduce duplication
- provide the university a means of review and approval necessary to ensure appropriate use of institutional data
- make certain that any impacts to other systems and processes are known
- ensure coordination with pertinent stakeholders
- provide a streamlined and logical experience when employees, students, and external users are required to use Cornell applications