Manage Your Channels
How to Create or Delete a Channel in Video on Demand
This article applies to: Video on Demand
To Create a Channel
- Log in and select from the user drop-down menu.
2. This will take you to the My Channels page where all of the channels you own are listed. To create a new channel, click thebutton on this page. Note that the Create Channel button is also found on the main Channels page.
3. The Create a New Channel page will appear. Enter the following information:
Name (required): a name for your channel. This will be visible to anyone with a NetID & password.
Description (optional): enter a description for your channel. The description is displayed on the Channel page and will only be visible to individuals with permissions to view that channel.
Tags (optional): enter search tags or keywords for your channel.
Privacy (required): this setting determines who can view your channel and how your channel functions. For more information on Privacy settings, see Controlling Access to Channels using Privacy Settings.
Moderate Content Option: select this option if you wish to have an Open channel or to be able to assign other people as contributors to your Channel, but be able to approve content before it is added to the Channel. We strongly recommended that you select the Moderate content option.
4. Click thebutton. You will be returned to the editing page for the channel you just created.
5. If your channel's privacy is set to Open, Restricted, or Public, and you don't want to give anyone permission to add media to or administer the channel, you can stop here.
If your channel's privacy is set to Private or Shared Repository, you must add members to the channel so the members can view the channel and its content. If your channel's privacy is set to Open you must add members if you want members to be able to manage content. If your channel's privacy is set to Restricted you must add members if you want members to be able to add or manage content. See Manage Channel Membership for more information.
To Delete a Channel
- Log in and select from the user drop down menu.
- This will take you to the My Channels page where all of the channels you own are listed.
- Click in the thumbnail of the channel you wish to delete.
4. Click. You will be prompted to confirm that you wish to delete the channel.