Skype for Business (Mac) Problem: Server is Temporarily Unavailable
This article applies to: Skype for Business (Mac)
You try to sign in to Skype for Business, typically with saved credentials. The application sits at the Sign in page for some interval. Eventually an error message opens, “Can’t sign in to Skype for Business. The server is temporarily unavailable. If the problem continues, please contact your support team.”
Solving This Problem
- Open a Finder window and navigate to your Home folder (icon of a house and your username).
If you do not see Library listed in your Home folder,
- From Finder's View menu, select Show View Options.
- Put a check next to Show Library Folder.
- Close the menu dialog box. You should now see Library listed along with Applications, Desktop, etc.
- Open the Library folder, then the Containers folder, then the com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness folder.
- Delete the contents of the com.microsoft.SkypeForBusiness folder.
- Restart your computer.
Now try to log in to Skype again.
If this does not help, please contact the IT Service Desk.