Standard Reports (Remedy Classic View)
CIT provides several standard reports you may find useful.
This article applies to: Remedy
Remedy also comes with a number of reports designed by the vendor. You'll find these by selecting BSM_User_Guide_7-6-05-IncidentMgmtReports.pdfin step 5. For more information (from the vendor) on these reports, you can download a section of their documentation: BSM User Guide: Incident Management Reports:
Log into Remedy.
At the top of the browser window you will see two tabs:
menu tab (on the left edge of your browser window), select , then, on the sub-menu that appears, select again.
- Home: displays a list of recently viewed reports
Documents: displays a navigable list of all reports
- Click My Documents, Folders, and Search. The section you select expands; the other two sections show just their title bar. . In the left navigation are three sections:
- Click .
In the folder hierarchy on the left, open
Optional: You can have Remedy display the Cornell Standard Report folder immediately by setting your Start Page preference.
, then click on . The main section of the browser window will display the available reports.
Double-click the name of the desired report. A results screen will be displayed, but ignore this, as it shows the results for the default set of criteria.
- On the left edge of the window you’ll see four icons. Click the fourth, which is User Prompt Input, you’ll see a list of the search criteria available for this report. (it shows a question mark in parentheses). Next to the four icons, in a section titled
- At the top of the User Prompt Input section, click . A Prompts dialog box will open (it may take a few moments) where you can modify the search criteria. The exact list of criteria shown will depend on the report you’ve selected.
- To change Start Date or End Date parameters, click it in the numbered list at the left of the Prompts window, then enter the value in YYYY-MM-DD format.
If your report has additional fields such as product, support group or support organization, click on the numbered prompt on the left to see a list of available options. Select the desired data from the list and then click the right-facing arrow to move that value to the box on the right.
- When you have finished specifying the report criteria, click . You will be returned to the results window (it may take a few moments), which now displays the results for your criteria. With some reports you will see more than one tab at the bottom of the browser window, offering different views of the data.
With some reports, you may further filter the results by Group within your Support Organization. Click the
Please note that the Groups filter is only applied to the tab (at the bottom of the browser window) you were viewing when you clicked OK. That is, if you filter by group on one tab, then click to a different tab, the results shown will still be for all groups.
icon (the third in the column of four icons on the left edge of the window), select one or more groups, then click .
To save your results, click the
Reports can also be configured so that a copy is automatically emailed to specified users when the report is run. If you are interested in this feature, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.