Relate Similar Incidents (Remedy Classic View)
This article applies to both Incident Management and Work Order Management. Sometimes you will end up with two tickets for the same request. In the example here, we'll assume you would like to close one and continue to work on the original.
This article applies to: Remedy
- Open the Incident/Work Order that you wish to continue working on.
- Click the tab.
At the bottom of the form, select Search drop-down menu.
Next to Search+, enter the incident/work order number for the record you want to close, then click the icon.
If you do not know the number, click Use Advanced Search and filter records based on whatever information you have.
- In the search results, single-click the record you want to close.
- From the Select a Relationship Type drop-down list, select , then click Relate. The Incident Relationship Search window will close. A small confirmation window will open.
- Click to confirm.
- Click the tab and enter a brief note explaining that you have related the two records.
- Click .
- Go back to the incident/work order that you no longer wish to work, and set the Status to .