Create New Customers (Remedy Classic View)
Everyone with a NetID (everyone in Cornell's directory) already has a customer record in Remedy. You will only need to create a new customer if the customer does not have a NetID and the customer calls or walks in to get support. Before creating a new record, you should search to see if one has already been created, as described in the procedure below.
This article applies to: Remedy
You create the new customer record while creating a new incident.
- Go to the Incident Management Console page by clicking the tab, then , then .
- Click Incident Request form will open. from the menu on the left. The
- Click the Customer field. icon (magnifying glass) next to the
- Enter all or part of both the First Name and Last Name fields, or all or part of the Email Address field.
- Click .
- If the search results include your customer, click on their record, then click New Incident screen with the Customer field filled in. Continue with the procedure for creating a new incident. . You'll be returned to the
- If the search results do not include your customer, click People window will open. . A
- Fill in First Name, Last Name, and Email Address at a minimum.
- For Company, select .
- Click New Incident screen with the Customer field filled in. Continue with the procedure for creating a new incident. . You'll be returned to the