Changes to Qualtrics Survey Experience Spring 2021
This article applies to: Qualtrics (Survey Tool)
Qualtrics' new Survey Builder became the way to create and edit surveys on May 31, 2021. All previous functionality remains available.
To learn more about the editor changes, see the New Survey Builder Basic Overview support page or watch a brief video about Survey Builder.
To learn more about Catalog (project creation), visit the Creating a Project support page.
Detailed Feature Changes
New Survey Builder
New question builder interface, which includes:
- All question types
- Simplified interface for question configuration, with a single entry point for features, configuration panel on the left, top-level configurations visible without scrolling, and updated "Edit multiple."
- Simplified interface for block configuration, with a consistent pattern used for block and question configuration
- Use drag and drop to move questions and blocks
- New survey configuration interface that combines survey options and tools where applicable
- Improved clarity on when project is auto-saved, is in draft mode, or is published
- Improved accessibilty
Formerly known as the "Create New" projects and actions interface. Favorites were removed because the list of recent projects serves much of the same purpose, and in order to give more visibility to other features.
The following updates were made:
- Catalog is activated when users Create new project from the Projects list or Create new action from the Actions list.
- It show projects or actions that a user can start, including "from scratch" options, templates, and guided projects and programs.
- Projects are grouped by type.
- Each offering shows a detail pane when selected, giving a quick overview of what it contains and how it's best used, to help users decide which to use.
The top navigation was reorganized. All previous functionality is still available.
Simple Chart (Line and Bar Chart)
Line and bar chart variants of the Simple Chart received an updated visual design and additional features that enhance data display and improve accessibility.