Approval Needed for Qualtrics Custom "From" and "Reply-To" Addresses
This article applies to: Qualtrics (Survey Tool)
Changes being made by Qualtrics to improve email delivery will have an effect on what can be entered as the "From Address" and "Reply-To Address" in the Qualtrics Mailer.
When using the Qualtrics Mailer, it will be necessary at some point in the future (currently, it is only recommended) to use as the "From Address" one of the following:
- The default "From Address" of email@example.com
- An address set up in advance by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. These addresses will generally look like email@example.com and will need to be connected to an Exchange Group Account (EGA).*
* Some units at Cornell have email addresses ending in @departmentname.cornell.edu. If approval is granted by the unit, CIT can also set up addresses like these in Qualtrics.
When using the Qualtrics Mailer, it will be necessary to use as the "Reply-To Address" one of the following:
- The default "Reply-To Address" of the address associated with the Cornell NetID account signed into Qualtrics.
- An approved "From Address" (See above)
To be able to send Qualtrics survey invitations from an address other than firstname.lastname@example.org, contact email@example.com to begin the process of setting one up, or see information about using a group email account or departmental email account.
Why This Change Is Occurring
It's previously been possible to type any Cornell address into the "From" and "Reply-To" fields of the Qualtrics Mailer. Email service providers are increasingly likely to treat emails that resemble these as suspicious, prompting Qualtrics to act. This change will improve the odds that a survey invitation will be delivered to recipients' email inbox, instead of being classified as spam or junk.