Telephone Fees and Billing
Information about telephone service fees for faculty and staff
This article applies to: Telephone Services for Faculty and Staff
For additional information, see Voice and Data Rates Catalog.
The rates on this page are for university departments only. Students should see information about Student Voice Service.
Telephone monthly charges offer:
- The maintenance of a dial tone and associated functions.
- Unlimited on-campus calling.
- Long distance charges for all domestic and some international calls. Usage limits apply.
- CIT service for the connection up to the jack.
- A CIT-provided enterprise-quality, clarity-class telephone set.
- Set replacement in the event of damage.
- A Cornell phone number.
- 911 call routing to the Cornell University Police.
Telephone charges do not include:
- The one-time jack activation fee, or other installation or upgrade costs.
- Long distance charges for some international calls.
- Voice mail (AUDIX) installation or monthly charges.
The customer is responsible for customer-provided equipment.
Rates are for university departments only. Consulting is available by the hour for services not included in a monthly charge. Fees will be determined and time estimated before any charges are incurred.