View Resource Accounts in Outlook 2016 for Mac
This set of steps will make a Resource Account (EGA, Room account, or Equipment account) mailbox and calendar available to you automatically, every time you use Outlook.
This procedure assumes you are already using Outlook 2016 to access your NetID email account.
If you are not using Outlook for your NetID email account, do not follow the instructions here. Instead, skip down the the section at the bottom of this page labeled If You Are Not Using Outlook for your NetID Account.
- Open Outlook and login with your own NetID and password.
- From the menu, select
- In the Accounts dialog box, click the small plus sign (in the lower-left corner of the dialog box), then select .
For E-mail address, enter the address of the resource account, including @cornell.edu at the end.
For example, firstname.lastname@example.org
Under Authentication, for User name enter
substituting your NetID.
- For Password, enter the password you use with your NetID.
- Click Accounts dialog box. . The resource will be added to the list of accounts on the
- (Optional) The Account description field determines how the account is labeled in the Navigation Pane. Change the entry to make it more descriptive.
- Close the Accounts dialog box.
For all accounts (both your NetID mail and every Resource Account), you must use your NetID@cornell.edu address for the User name, and the password you use with your NetID. You cannot just enter your NetID. It must be the email address associated with your NetID.
The procedure above assumes you are already using Outlook (in Exchange mode) to access your NetID mail account.
If you are not using Outlook for your NetID email account, do not follow the instructions here. Instead, complete the steps in our Initial Setup for Outlook 2016 article, with this one change:
In step 4, for E-mail address, use the Resource Account's email address. If the account has more than one address, you can use any of them.
For all other steps, where it asks for your User name, enter your NetID@cornell.edu address. Where it asks for a password, use the password for your NetID.