Choose Plain Text or Formatted Text (Outlook on the Web)
Outlook on the Web can be set to send messages in plain text or HTML. You can configure it to use either as the default; you can also change to the other format while composing a message.
This article applies to: Outlook on the Web
Microsoft frequently updates the design of Outlook on the Web, so your version may not match exactly the description given here.
Configure Default Setting
- On the red, Cornell-themed toolbar, click the gear icon, then, under Your app settings, select Options screen will be displayed. . The
- In the left column, under Mail and Layout, click Message format.
- Under Message format, next to Compose messages in this format, select the desired format.
- Click near the top of the screen.
- Click Outlook in the red, Cornell-themed toolbar to return to your email.
Select Format for an Individual Message
While composing a message, click the From and To fields, then select or .icon in the pink toolbar above the