Your Evolving Digital Life - 10/19 NCSAM Weekly Resources
During the week of October 19-23, we'll highlight the “smart world” we live in and the importance of educating all citizens about cybersecurity as more and more of the devices we use—from phones and tablets to homes and medical devices—connect to the Internet. Week four provides a current snapshot of technology and where we envision technology taking us in the future.
This October, spend 10 minutes a week learning about cyber security.
- The Internet of Things, where everyday devices are connected to the Internet and gathering or providing data is becoming a big security concern. See what the FBI has to say about it.
- Do you stream free movies using BitTorrent or a similar app? Find out the copyright risks of peer-to-peer file sharing on Cornell networks.
- Read about 15 trends to expect in technology.
- Learn 5 ways to secure your smart home.
- New credit cards are coming with chip technology—see what it means for your security.