Students—Apply Now for Fall 2022 and Spring 2023 Internships!
Related services: Students
Cornell Information Technologies (CIT) has two paid Writing and Graphic Design internships available for qualified students. In addition to 8–10 hours of work per week, interns participate in events designed to help them learn about how Cornell departments function and gain valuable work and networking skills applicable to their future careers.
The internships last for the academic year, with optional summer work, and pay $18 per hour. CIT interns will work remotely with the IT@Cornell Communication and Documentation team.
Writing and Graphic Design Assistant (2 Opportunities)
As an IT Communication Assistant, you can expect to be involved in tasks like these, depending on the skills you offer:
- Develop marketing materials and communications for a student audience to raise awareness of Cornell's IT services and major projects.
- Design images and content on our communication channels (e.g., websites, Twitter, Facebook, knowledge management system, e-lists).
- Write step-by-step documentation or record videos to explain how to use the features of Cornell's IT services.
- Write news articles highlighting interesting ways that IT services are being used at Cornell.
- Develop marketing plans for IT services.
- Provide analytics and metrics of our social media channels.
- Develop infographics and charts to show how the campus uses IT services.
- Take and edit IT-related photos.
- Create simple, short promotional videos.
- Assist in planning special events.
Requirements: A self-starter with an interest in creating short videos, images, and graphics-related marketing materials. Interest in best practices and trends in communication, marketing, graphic design, and social media. Demonstrated strength and interest in writing, analysis, research/reporting, oral communication, editing, and proofreading. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Knowledge of content management systems (or a willingness to learn), InDesign, and Photoshop are a plus. Interest in working collaboratively with other interns and with the CIT Customer Experience team. Ability to work with a minimum of direct supervision, meet deadlines, and find creative ways to visually represent IT@Cornell.