Quest ARS Upgrade Coming in January 2021
The Quest ARS application upgrade has been rescheduled for January 30, 2021. This will bring the system, currently running version 6.9, up to version 7.3.
This change may require administrators and users to take action to maintain compatibility with the new version:
If you use the Quest ARS MMC client, you will need to upgrade to the most recent version.
For details about installing the new client, visit Install ARS MMC Version 7.3 Console.
- If you use Quest Powershell, you will need to update the modules.
- If you use the Quest ARS Web Management tool, you will not need to update, but for an overview of changes to the interface, please see Quest ARS Web Interface Differences in Version 7.3.
The timeline for the update is planned as follows. We’ll follow up if any of these dates change:
- Testing of the test system: January 7-13, 2021
- Testing of the production system: January 19-21, 2021
- Production cutover: January 30, 2021
If you have questions about the technical details of the upgrade, contact Muhammad Arif, firstname.lastname@example.org, and if you have questions about the upgrade project timeline, contact Kenton Hensley, email@example.com.
Cornell Information Technologies