Quest ARS Upgrade Coming in January 2021
Related services: Identity Management
The Quest ARS application will be upgraded in January 2021. This will bring the system, currently running version 6.9, up to version 7.3.
This change may require administrators and users to take action to maintain compatibility with the new version:
- If you use the Quest ARS MMC client, you will need to upgrade to the most recent version.
- If you use Quest Powershell, you will need to update the modules.
- If you use the Quest ARS Web Management tool, you will not need to update.
Based on the release notes we don’t anticipate a significant impact on end-user functionality or the interface in this upgrade, but we will share anything we may discover.
The timeline for the update is planned as follows. We’ll follow up if any of these dates change:
- Testing of the test system: January 7-13, 2021
- Testing of the production system: January 19-21, 2021
- Production cutover: January 22-24, 2021
After Winter break, keep an eye out for a call for testers and communications with additional detail about steps users may need to take before the upgrade.
If you have questions about the technical details of the upgrade, contact Muhammad Arif, firstname.lastname@example.org, and if you have questions about the upgrade project timeline, contact Kenton Hensley, email@example.com.
Cornell Information Technologies