PowerPoint Live: Say Goodbye to "Next Slide, Please"
Related services: Microsoft Teams
November 3, 2022
PowerPoint Live in Microsoft Teams meetings is now available to all Cornell Faculty, Students, and Staff. PowerPoint Live offers several benefits over screen-sharing your PowerPoint presentation window or editing window.
- Seamlessly switch between presenters. Unlike screen-sharing, where the presentation is shared from a single presenter, co-presenters can take control of the slide deck during their portion of the presentation.
- The built-in presenter view provides all the tools you need for a successful meeting. You can see the audience, control slides, and view notes all in one location.
- Enhanced accessibility. Audience members can use screen readers, live translation, and high contrast slides.
- Special audience focus tools. Use the laser pointer, pen, and highlighter to draw attention to key points.
- Option for attendees to go back or ahead. If enabled, audience members can move between slides to review something they missed while the presentation continues.
- Smoother transitions to video or audio. Play high-quality embedded video and audio without having to change to a browser, media player, or other outside app or window.
- Instant attendee access to links. Audience members can open links and videos in the presentation on their own devices. No more waiting for you to circulate the presentation after the meeting.
For more information, see Microsoft’s Share slides in a Teams meeting with PowerPoint Live and the Microsoft blog post Introducing PowerPoint Live in Microsoft Teams.