New EDUCAUSE Course for Instructors Starts February 1
CIT instructional designer Patrice Prusko will be one of the facilitators for the next EDUCAUSE ELI online course: “Humanizing Online Teaching and Learning.” The course takes place February 1, 8, and 22, from 1:00–2:00 pm ET and is geared toward instructors who would like to move a course or workshop from the classroom to online.
Participants will work on a signature project with expert facilitators and receive a digital badge to share their accomplishment.
- Explore tools to create asynchronous video that will enhance instructor presence. These tools may be used to create instructional video, give feedback on assignments, or engage learners with content.
- Consider student blogging or vlogging (video blogging) as a tool for reflection and demonstration of knowledge acquisition.
- Examine the use of social media tools to extend the boundaries of the classroom.
- Differentiate between social presence in a class and social media presence.
- Create a "triggering event" for your own course and share your creative thinking in the discussion.
- Develop a collaborative project or problem-based activity that your students can submit to others for Peer Review and share your activity with others in the discussion.
Facilitators are Patrice Prusko (Cornell University), Maha Al-Freih (George Mason University), and Whitney Kilgore (iDesign).
Learn more and register by January 30: