New Box UI Turned On for All Users May 30, 2017
Related services: Box
On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 the new Box user interface will be turned on for all Box users. Since the beginning of February Box users have seen a message when they enter Box presenting them with the option to enable the new Box experience, and 1,400 users have already made the switch.
Users who have not enabled the new Box experience will automatically see the new interface on Tuesday, May 30, 2017. These users will also receive a pop-up message when they first enter the new Box experience, notifying them of the change.
Feature of the new Box experience include:
- New clean look that loads 30% faster
- Details moved to new right side bar
- Frequent actions put across the top
- New left side bar for navigation
- New Favorites and Synced to Desktop collections to focus on what's important
- Favorites may be chosen as default home page from settings
- New powerful search bar: search by type, date modified, owner
- Sort display by clicking on column headers
- In Tile view, a folder of photos turns into a gallery
- Watch HD and 360 videos right from Box without downloading files
- Copy (ctrl-C) and Paste (ctrl-V) now supported