Cornell ID Scan Announcing v2 & Training Sessions
Student Services IT is pleased to announce the upcoming release of Cornell ID Scan v2. This major upgrade to the web interface will include many frequently requested features will be released Wednesday, September 6, 2017 at 8:00am. Users will be required to upgrade the ID Scan app on devices to continue scanning at events.
Highlights of the new version include:
- All new ID Scan admin website with “quick reports” for each event.
- Enter attendees through Admin website using NetID and Cornell ID #.
- Edit event details even after you scan.
- Distributed user access and new access privileges controlled by departments.
Upgrade Timeline, Wednesday, September 6, 2017:
- 7:00am - 8:00am: ID Scan will be unavailable (Web & Device) while the upgrade is performed.
- 8:00am - Upgrade complete. Users will be required to install an update to the Cornell ID Scan app on each device before they can scan at an event. This is required for compatibility with the new web interface.
Attend a training to learn about the new features of v2 and get a sneak peek at the new version of the iOS app coming later in September.
Tuesday, Sept. 5 from 2:00pm - 3:00pm in 102 Mann Library, or join via the Zoom webinar: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/496645282
Thursday, Sept. 7 from 11:00am - 12:00pm, in 102 Mann Library, or join via the Zoom webinar https://cornell.zoom.us/j/310201742
If you have questions about the new version submit a ticket at https://ssit.scl.cornell.edu.