Cornell Blackboard to Canvas Migration
Last spring it was announced that after a year-long review of our academic learning management system (LMS) needs, Cornell will be moving from Blackboard to Canvas. This decision was made because the evaluation showed Canvas to be easier to use and understand, to improve student-centered learning, and to prepare Cornell for future class needs.
The timeline for the Blackboard to Canvas migration is:
- Spring 2019:The first semester courses can be taught in Canvas, Blackboard will still be available.
- Fall 2019:Courses can be taught in Canvas, Blackboard will still be available.
- Spring 2020:All courses using an LMS must use Canvas.
Information sessions to discuss the Blackboard to Canvas migration are set for:
- Wednesday, September 19th, 10AM and 3PM, Biotech G10
- Thursday, September 20th, 10 AM and 3PM, Biotech G10
You can also attend any session (and ask questions) via Zoom: https://cornell.zoom.us/j/407885101
For further information and continued updates you can visit the Blackboard to Canvas Migration website.
For information on the review process you can visit Academic LMS Evaluation.
If you have any questions about Canvas or the migration process you can email firstname.lastname@example.org.