Box: Better and Better
Since its 2012 introduction to Cornell, Box's rich and ever-expanding set of features has made it an essential cloud storage and collaboration tool for many at the university. Over the years, bigger uploads and Box Notes are just some of the improvements we've gained, and more are on the way!
Coming next year, new features for working with files will allow you to:
- Use an enhanced commenting experience to easily gather feedback and manage deadlines with coworkers. Conversations will be kept together, and even connected to specific file versions. You'll also be able to mark comments as resolved to keep track of what's done and what isn't.
- Quickly preview past versions of files.
- See, at a glance, all the details of who's viewed and edited a file.
- Drag and pin any file or folder to the left sidebar to instantly create shortcuts to the content you work with most.
There are also many new features coming soon for Box Notes. You'll be able to:
- Immediately see which notes have recent edits, including notes that have been shared with you.
- See what's specifically changed in the note itself, with all updates highlighted inline.
- Just like with Files, you’ll be able to quickly see who's been active in a note.
- Start a note using a pre-built template, like Meeting Agenda, Calendar, Project Plan, and more. You’ll also be able to create your own custom templates.
Box is also working on Box Drive, which will provide instant access to all your files in Box, right from your desktop, while taking up very little hard drive space.