NetID Terms and Conditions
Only the individual for whom the NetID is issued may use it according to University Policy 5.8, Authentication to Information Technology Resources. The policy outlines rules each community member must observe to avoid unauthorized use of the NetID:
- Follow complexity standards.
- Store the password in a secure location.
- Use the password only to access services that use central authentication infrastructure enabled applications.
- Do not share the password.
- Do not collect passwords from others or store them anywhere.
- Do not share with anyone else the answers to questions used to reset forgotten passwords.
- Change the password immediately if it may have been compromised.
- Report incidents in which a password has been compromised as outlined in University Policy 5.4.2, Reporting Electronic Security Incidents.