Print with Net-Print for Mac
This page describes how to install and use Net-Print software on a Mac computer.
This article applies to: Net-Print
To print, you need to have
- created at least one Net-Print account (which will be charged)
- installed the Net-Print software
- added at least one print queue.
Use Print Preview to help avoid unexpected results. Check how your document will look before you print.
- When you're ready to print, choose the Print command in your application and then select a Net-Print printer or Find-Me queue.
For Name, enter
substituting your own NetID. The character in the middle is a back-slash.
Enter your associated password.
This is really important. The Name field may already be filled in with something else. Be sure to enter cornell\NetID in the Name field and use the password associated with your NetID.
- If you are printing from a shared computer (such as one in a computer lab), be sure is UNchecked.
Depending on which print queue you selected, one of three things will happen.
- If you chose a Find-Me queue, go to any Net-Print printer with an ID Reader and wave your Cornell ID card at it. Follow the instructions there. You have two hours from the time you submitted the print request to pick up your document; after that the print job will be deleted from the queue.
- If you chose a specific Net-Print printer with an ID Reader, go to the printer and wave your Cornell ID card at it. Follow the instructions there. You have two hours from the time you submitted the print request to pick up your document; after that the print job will be deleted from the queue.
- If you chose a specific Net-Print printer that does not have an ID Reader, the document will print right away and you can pick it up at your convenience (but the longer you wait, the harder it may be to find in the assortment surrounding the printer).
If you enter your NetID or password incorrectly, a printer icon in your dock will start bouncing.
- Click the icon to open the print queue.
- Click the icon to the right of your print job.