Net-Print Problem: Mac OS X Pauses, Never Prints
This article applies to: Net-Print
When attempting to print from a personal (non-lab) computer, the user is prompted for NetID, printer becomes paused, PaperCut popup never appears.
How to Solve This Problem
If you are using Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite)
If you are NOT using Yosemite
One (or more) of your credentials may have become corrupted. Here's how to check and clear your credentials.
- In your Applications folder, open the folder, then run .
In the left pane, under Keychains, select , then, under Category, select .
winin the search box at the upper right. The list of credentials should now be very short.
For each credential on the short list,
Double-click on its entry. In the smaller dialog box that opens, if the Where field will contain one of these values:
the field contains something OTHER THAN cornell\NetID,
then you need to clear this credential, as described in steps 4b-d below.
- Close the smaller dialog box.
- Right-click (or ctrl-click) the row of the print queue. Click Delete "<printer name>".
- When prompted to confirm, click Delete.
- Double-click on its entry. In the smaller dialog box that opens, if the Where field will contain one of these values:
- Repeat for additional printers, if necessary.