Request Warranty Service During Standard Business Hours
This article applies to: Dell Warranty Hardware Repair
Determine if a Dell Computer Is Under Warranty
Dell's Support web site (www.dell.com/support) has an easy-to-use online form to check if a computer is under warranty. To determine if a computer is under warranty, enter the computer's Service Tag number in the form.
Only Dell computers with a ProSupport or Basic Hardware Service warranty with a minimum of at least "Next Business Day" on-site service-response level are eligible for repairs through this service. See Terms and Conditions.
Submit your Request for Warranty Service During Standard Business Hours
Technical support providers (TSP) in Cornell departments or units may request warranty service during standard business hours by contacting:
- Email: CUDell_support@cornell.edu
- TSP Support line: 255-8690
We require the following information for the warranty repair request:
- Technical support provider's name, NetID, and phone number
- End user's name and phone number
- Dell computer model
- Dell Service Tag number on the computer
- Warranty date
- Location of the computer, including the building and room number
- Description of the problem
- Type of repair requested
- Troubleshooting already steps performed
- Whether the BiOS has been updated to the latest version
- Whether the latest driver relevant to the component in question has been installed
Once we receive the request, a CIT Support technician will contact the TSP to schedule the warranty repair.
NOTE: CIT Support or Dell are not responsible for any loss of data or installed software. See TSP responsibilities (including backing up and restoring data).