Turn on Google's 2-Step Verification
This article applies to: Cornell G Suite for Students
The IT Security Office strongly recommends that you turn on Google's 2-Step Verification for all Google activities, including G Suite. It is required for faculty and staff, but optional for student accounts. Two factor authentication greatly enhances your account's security.
Google's 2-Step Verification is separate from Cornell's Two-Step Authentication, which you may be using elsewhere.
- Log into your G Suite account.
- In the Gmail toolbar, click Google apps (the nine-dot icon), then select Account.
- In the left navigation column, click Security.
- In the Signing in to Google section, click 2-Step Verification.
- Click Get started.
- Follow the steps on the screen.